This week I had a very frustrating experience. My internet and email quit working right as I switched ISP providers and am still working out the bugs! Email won't send any emails, but I can download from my email POP providers. Printer won't print. Outlook closes unexpectedly in middle of a task. *!@*!@*!@*!@
What I had to do was improvise. My smart phone is Blackberry Bold. Did you ever stop to think that you can get by pretty well for short periods of time just on a blackberry? I did all these things;
1. Answered and responded to all my emails that come from 3 internet based providers.
2. Made appointments using my mobile version of mls.
3. Logged into my website idx and did customer searches using just what my client use. That made me better equipped to help my clients who are on auto alert or understand just how emails are generated from my IDX.
4. Uploaded new home pictures to the web.
5. Was able to copy and paste on my smart phone an email address that I didn't store in my address book. I just scrolled thru email histroy and found an email from that person, and easily copied it into my browser and then into my address file. Then I was set up to text about my closing to all parties involved.
For those of you who text a lot, this is how I was feeling about my smart phone "XOXOXOXO". (Those of you who don't know what that means, need to learn.)
Wow, they say necessity is the mother of invention, and this week I learned a little more about just how SMART my phone actually is.